Strontium Scanning

I got the scanner going again and began messing with pencil in my usual lazy rulebook defying, ends up being just as hard work to accomplish and doesn't quite accomplish, the desired effect, ways. This time in the new place, Del Rancho Rothwell. Has this made a difference? Well... Lets run through the process.

First up: initial pencils to scan;-


Big klunky file with the best of intentions. I'm not happy though and make the first of my alterations

Hmmm, well it breathes a certain lfe into it and for the schedule and purpose it can stop right there. Job is good enough. It's clear, defined and there are a few lessons learnt with suggestions for more coming from the piece. This is what I refer to as concluded.

What if I added a little colour? This can make or break my mojo. Nevermind here we go..


Well, okay, the lights growing dim and I go with a loose colouring technique first seen with earlier #PS=.
I like the non insistence of it. Quite like the prism of brown cutting through the greens and yellows. The sharper reds solidifying the guidance. Mnyehh, not bad. Could be better, could be worse. Leave it for today I think, then... I found the equalise button. It brings back all the pencils and does a lovely job of giving the colouring fluidity. Still loosely put all the same. It still, for me refers to all the great 2000ad artists who've given Johnny Alpha an adventure or two. So, not being perfect for me it does please me. For now... 

What will happen if I add some electric blue to the mix though eh?  



Nearly ok. Just need as much exp points as the Squirrel to be able to pull it off less jarringly. Overall though, nice finish.


Comments

Popular Posts